Why AgriTech Analytics?
Worried about the state of crops when you’re not looking?
In our development and growth, we have partnered and collaborated with the best in the world: The University of Edinburgh in Scotland, Westerwelle Foundation in Germany, Bayer Foundation, The World Food Programme, Global Center on Adaptation, African Development Bank, Climate Investment Funds (CIF), Heifer International, AGRF-Africa Food Systems Forum, AGRA and more.
We have over 40 years of combined experience in agriculture, AI, ML and Big data.
AgriTech Analytics is a data-driven company that supports small-scale farmers to monitor their farms and crops using an online platform, mobile app and SMS option.
We use various types of data, starting with satellite imagery data which is combined with data from our hand-held solar-powered device. It helps farmers to capture; weather data, soil data, IoT data, field data and plant health data.
We combine this with our new technologies such as big data analytics and machine learning to provide farmers with more timely and personalized advice, predictions, alerts, and reports. Benefits to our farmers
- Detect and receive alerts on pest and diseases attacks.
- Accurate determination of fertilizers to be applied.
- 20years satellite farm data available for planning and predictions.
- Over95% accurate predictions, reports and alerts.
- Accurate typesand amounts of pesticides to be used.
- Using zoning, identify affected crops early enough and take action.
- 95% accurate predictions of crop yields using the Crop Yield Prediction Tool.
- Accurate determination of amounts of water needed for irrigation.
- Stoppage of wastages in fertilizers, pesticides, irrigation water, seeds.
Empowering smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Farmers in this region are experiencing 45-100% crop destruction and losses due to poor or late detection of crop pests and diseases. They simply don’t have the ability to detect or predict this. They experience chronic soil degradation and Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations estimates that 65% of Africa’s agricultural land suffers from soil degradation
They are unable to use expected crop yields as collateral to acquire credit facilities from financial institutions. It is unfortunate that to date, these farmers lack the tools to predict the weather. AgriTech Analytics has the solutions to all these and more.
“Agriculture is the greatest and fundamentally the most important of our industries. The cities are but the branches of the tree of national life, the roots of which go deeply into the land. We all flourish or decline with the farmer.” – Bernard Baruch.
We have over 40 years of combined experience in agriculture and tech.
To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves.” – Mahatma Gandh